This year’s SEA Games took place in the Philippines from November 30 to December 11. Vietnam’s delegation to the event comprised 856 members, including 568 athletes competing in 43 sports.
The delegation’s results far exceeded expectations, with 98 gold medals, placing Vietnam in second place after host Philippines in term of golds.
The resounding victory of Vietnam’s U22 team against Indonesia netted the men’s football team the gold medal that fans across the country had been awaiting for the past six decades.
Vietnam will host the next SEA Games in Hanoi in 2021.
- Vietnam to appeal for national martial art to be competed at 2019 SEA Games
- Curtain closes spectacularly on the 2nd National Games
- Sailor Overcomes Combat Injuries, Brings Home 8 Gold Medals From Warrior Games
- Egyptian weightlifter Mohamed Ihab wins gold medal at Mediterranean Games 2018
- Free Wi-Fi in Student Village during 2nd European Games in Minsk
- The finalists have been announced for the Mick George Bag of Gold competition
- First aid training for volunteers ahead of 2nd European Games Minsk 2019
- Two runways in Minsk airport for 2nd European Games
- 2nd European Games Minsk 2019 attract thousands of volunteers
- Belarus president starts countdown to 2nd European Games