Dr. Phillippe Jean Collin. — Photo courtesy of Family Medical Practice By Dr. Phillippe Jean Collin* At the end of a wonderful summer and as families are returning to school and new routines, the question of “How much sleep does my child need?” might arise if you find your child is struggling. When infants, children, teens and their families come to consultation with fears about behaviour, mood and school performance issues, parents often have many theories for what is causing the problem. As parents, we tend to imagine the worst. A thorough evaluation should include an assessment of a child’s sleep habits. Quality sleep promotes child development and helps with learning. Conversely, not getting enough sleep can affect your health, as well as affect your memory, logical reasoning, behaviour and ability to control your emotions. How many hours per night? The benefits of a good sleep The consequences of a lack of sleep For a soothing sleep How many hours per night? The number of hours of sleep varies from one child to another. Generally, until the age of 5, your child will need 10 to 12 hours per night and perhaps a nap during the day (from 4 years old,… Read full this story
- Child sleep problems linked to impaired academic and psychosocial functioning
- Know your own mind like never before – improving mental health with genetic insights
- Sedentary lockdowns put kids at risk for obesity. Here's how to help them stay moving
- Preschoolers are using apps meant for adults, study finds
- Marijuana use during pregnancy linked to autism in babies, study says
- Away from school pressures, children who defy gender norms blossom at home
- 6 Ways Sexual Harassment Damages Women's Health
- A newborn's fat mass is associated with obesity as a preschooler, study finds
- Relative Energy Deficiency in Athletic Performance: Are You At Risk?
- Back-to-School Pandemic-Style is a Dangerous Fantasy:
To-your-health: Sleep: effects on development and behavior have 319 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at December 1, 2019. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.