Dancers from the HCM City Ballet Symphony Orchestra and Opera will perform in the ballet The Nutcracker at the Opera House on Friday, Saturday and Sunday to welcome the Christmas season. Photo courtesy of HBSO HCM CITY — The classical ballet The Nutcracker will return to the HCM City Opera House with performances on Friday, Saturday and Sunday from the HCM City Ballet Symphony Orchestra and Opera (HBSO). The ballet is choreographed by Johanne Jakhelln Constant, art director of the Moving Art Theatre in Bodo, Norway, who previously worked with the HBSO to produce the ballet Cinderella. It premiered in HCM City in 2001 as part of the Norway government’s Transposition programme to bring classical music projects to Việt Nam. The Nutcracker is based on the story The Nutcracker and the Mouse King by German author E.T.A. Hoffmann. The two-act work features the dream of the little girl Clara and her adventures with a nutcracker, a gift from her godfather. It was first presented at the Mariinsky Theatre in St. Petersburg, Russia on December 17, 1892 and has become a worldwide favourite during the Christmas season. The performance in HCM City will feature Vietnamese ballet stars from HBSO, including Hồ Phi Điệp (as the Nutcracker), Đỗ Hoàng Khang Ninh (Clara), Trần Hoàng Yến (Sugarplum Fairy) and… Read full this story
- French conductor to lead concert at HCM City Opera House
- Macedonian musicians to perform in HCM City
- “Rock Symphony” concert at Opera House
- HCM City to welcome the New Year with "Lights 2020"
- Events in Hanoi & HCM City on June 17-23
- HCM City to spend more on road infrastructure
- Vietjet commences HCM City-Pattaya route
- Vietjet launches HCM City-Pattaya route
- Former HCM City district official to buy house for homeless
- HCM City, provinces provide gifts for residents on Tết
The Nutcracker ballet returns to HCM City Opera House have 316 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at December 6, 2019. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.