The poster for Kiều, a new film from producer Mai Thu Huyền, based on the famous Vietnamese epic poem The Tale of Kieu, from the 18th century. — Photo courtesy of producer HCM CITY — Female film producer Mai Thu Huyền has launched her new film project based on a famous Vietnamese epic poem written in the 18th century recognised as one of the country’s top literary works. The film Kiều is based on Truyện Kiều (The Tale of Kiều) by Nguyễn Du (1766-1820). It recounts the life and trials of Thúy Kiều, a talented young woman who is forced to sacrifice herself to save her family. Kiều sells herself into a loveless marriage in exchange for her father and younger brother’s freedom from prison. Later Kiều’s husband forces her into prostitution. According to the film’s producer Huyền, Kiều will not be pitied as the character in the poem is. She overcomes challenges and fate, and transmits the spirit of Vietnamese women, she said at the launch in HCM City. “I wanted to make Kiều more contemporary rather than dating back 300 years. Her inner beauty and strength should win over audiences’ hearts,” said Huyền, who began her career as a TV actress and has more than 15 years in the industry. Huyền spent more than… Read full this story
- Mark Wahlberg set to replace Chris Evans in new film Infinite after scheduling conflict with Apple TV series
- Pretty Little Liars vet Troian Bellisario wows in two gorgeous looks to talk about her new film Where'd You Go, Bernadette... 10 months after welcoming a baby
- Codebreaker Alan Turing takes centre stage in new film The Imitation Game
- Pregnant Blake Lively hugs husband Ryan Reynolds as she visits him on set of new film Free Guy in Boston
- Terrified fans are walking out of The Joker early as they brand new film 'too scary'
- Burger King Launches Three New Plant-Based Burgers Following Impossible Whopper Success
- Jafar Panahi: arrested, banned and defying Iran with his new film
- The real life scandal behind Nicole Kidman, Margot Robbie and Charlize Theron's new film Bombshell
- Charlize Theron is the epitome of elegance as she attends special screening of her new film Bombshell
- Ian McKellen to play Sherlock Holmes in new film directed by Bill Condon
New film based on famous epic poem has contemporary twist have 407 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at December 8, 2019. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.