One of five ancient Chăm books donated to the Mỹ Sơn Sanctuary management board in Quảng Nam Province. These books are linked to old ritual or worship ceremonies of the Chăm people in central Việt Nam over past decades. Photo courtesy of Mỹ Sơn Sanctuary QUẢNG NAM The Mỹ Sơn Sanctuary management board has received five collections of ancient Chăm script books – related to old rituals or worship ceremonies of the Chăm people in central Việt Nam – from a local collector, contributing to precious data for the UNESCO-recognised world heritage site. Deputy head of the management board, Nguyễn Công Khiết, said the books were donated by local antiquities collector Lâm Zũ Xênh from Quảng Ngãi Province. He said they are the first old Chăm script books that have been sent to the Mỹ Sơn Sanctuary. Lâm Zũ Xênh, 61, a Vietnamese-Chinese herbalist, whose father is an emigrant Chinese and mother is Vietnamese, told Việt Nam News that the five-book collection, made from dó (poonah paper) and ink by the Chăm people, had been preserved by a Chăm teacher in central Việt Nam before he collected them from a trans-Việt Nam trip six years ago. Xênh said only several Chăm people… Read full this story
- M G Motor receives over 20,000 bookings for Hector SUV, stalls booking temporarily
- Mummies discovered in ancient Egyptian burial chambers
- A Brilliant List of Science Books for People Who Want Their Minds Blown
- Artists After the Escape: Judith Kerr, children's book author at 95
- A son of the road
- On Immunity: An Inoculation by Eula Biss review – an enthralling, deeply personal book
- Prestigious Peace Prize of the German Book Trade goes to Aleida and Jan Assmann
- 'Open the doors and let these books in' - what would a truly diverse reading list look like?
- Fathers and sons: ‘Night of Power’ by Anar Ali reviewed by Latha Anantharaman
- The 100 best nonfiction books: No 66 – London Labour and the London Poor by Henry Mayhew (1851)
Mỹ Sơn Sanctuary receives ancient Chăm script books have 364 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at December 1, 2019. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.