|A bird’s eye view of Nha Trang, Khanh Hoa Province. Khanh Hoa People’s Committee is seeking more rigorous inspections of hotel ratings.|
Accordingly, the provincial Department of Tourism will carry out inspections and find a way to deal with hotels which advertise star ratings despite not yet being officially rated.
The Department of Finance will check ratings and price listings to ensure service quality matches the prices offered to customers.
The department said its initial inspection of ten hotels advertised to have from two to five star standards found that only half of them actually hold the advertised rating.
Hotels found to be misleading customers would be named on the websites of the provincial Department of Tourism and the Nha Trang-Khanh Hoa Tourism Association.
Statistics showed tourist arrivals to Khanh Hoa Province totalled more than 5.8 million from January to November, an increase of 114 per cent over the same period last year. Foreign tourist arrivals saw a rise of 139 per cent to 2.5 million. The central coastal province will host the National Tourism Year 2019.
The province estimated tourism revenue would reach VND21.5 trillion (US$934.8 million) this year, representing an increase of more than 20 per cent over last year.
In another move, Khanh Hoa Province also asked for an enhancement of tourism property project management, especially in the transfer of holdings at projects, amidst a boom of tourism property in the province.
Two months ago, Nha Trang proposed the provincial People’s Committee temporarily halt the approval of high-rise buildings in the city until an urban architectural plan could be issued.
The city said constructing high-rise buildings would create pressure on the environment and the area’s transport infrastructure system.
- Before Trump was anti-Cuba, he wanted to open a hotel in Havana
- Exclusive: Data show Trump's DC hotel was pricier and emptier than peers in 2017
- US Federal Reserve to lift interest rates wednesday: IBT Poll
- Delhi HC Upholds Rs.19.92-Cr Award To Ager Hotels Grp After Failure Of Share Subscription Deal [Read Judgment]
- Air Force reviews layovers after crew stayed at Trump hotel
- Jamaica murder rate – how many killings have there been now and how dangerous is the Caribbean island?
- Steak dinners, travel, HOA fees: How some NC legislators spend campaign donors' money
- HOAs: Diminished Rights
- HOA Boards are Liars and Connivers
- More Tax Money for the City of Chicago in 2015: Broader Bases, Increased Rates and Lesser Credit