Đoàn Văn Hậu celebrates one of his two goals. VNA/VNS Photo Hoàng Linh HÀ NỘI The dreams of millions of Vietnamese football fans came true after decades of hurt and false dawns tonight, as the men’s team won their first ever gold medal at the Southeast Asian Games. The U22 team made history by thrashing Indonesia 3-0 in the final at the Rizal Memorial Stadium in Manila, the Philippines. Coach Park Hang-seo named a largely unchanged side from the team that defeated Cambodia in the semi-final on Saturday, with Hồ Tấn Tài coming in for Đỗ Thanh Thịnh. Despite the vocal support of the large contingent of Vietnamese fans at the ground, Việt Nam started slowly, though striker Hà Đức Chinh almost opened the scoring with a smart turn and volley that went just wide 15 minutes in. Ten minutes later Indonesia suffered a blow as overage midfielder Evan Dimas limped off injured and was replaced by Syahrian Abimanyu after being caught by Đoàn Văn Hậu. The all-important opening goal came in the 39th minute from a free-kick that Chinh won deep in Indonesia territory down the left. Fans support Vietnamese football team at the SEA Games in Hà Nội yesterday. VNA/VNS Photo Thanh Tùng Đỗ… Read full this story
- Fitch revises outlook on Viet Nam to Stable; affirms at 'BB'
- Viet Nam plans to develop railway industry
- Viet Nam issues list of special preferential tariffs for goods imported from Cuba
- AIA Viet Nam donates $1m for pandemic fight
- Vietnam women enter SEA Games final with Philippines win
- South Korea, Viet Nam eye closer co-operation in supply chain
- US mattress company eyes Viet Nam’s enormous potential
- MSCI delays date for Kuwait reclassification, disappoints Viet Nam
- Viet Nam - attractive destination of US film makers
- Dating apps sees potential in Viet Nam as users surge amid COVID-19
Historic win for Việt Nam in SEA Games football have 332 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at December 10, 2019. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.