The HCM City People’s Committee has submitted to the Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc a proposed zoning plan of 1/2000 scale for a new 380-hectare industrial zone in Binh Chanh District.
The area, which is covered with alum soil, is only useful for short-term crops with high alum tolerance like sugarcane, cassava, bananas and production forests as well as industrial crops such as rubber, tea plants, hybrid acacia and cajuput trees.
Because of the low land-use efficiency and economic value, continued cultivation would not be commensurate with the land value of the area. If approved, the large-scale centralised industrial zone will help attract investment in the area.
The new industrial park located in Pham Van Hai Commune will focus on science and technology, startups and the supporting industry, according to the city’s People’s Committee.
The city is shifting its economic structure towards services, industry and urban construction, focusing on high-tech industries and services to support urban activities.
An urbanisation rate of 80-90 per cent is expected by 2030. Accordingly, the city will restrict the use of land for agricultural cultivation.
The 380ha area is part of a larger 668ha area which has been approved by the Prime Minister for conversion to industrial land.
The 668ha area would form a centralised industrial zone and replace three industrial zones, including 200ha Bau Dung and 175ha Phuoc Hiep in Cu Chi District and 300ha Xuan Thoi Thuong in Hoc Mon District.
The new industrial park area is close to existing industrial zones like Vinh Loc and Pham Van Hai. As such, the entire area would be conducive for research, production, trade and distribution of goods.
The new industrial park will also have convenient traffic connections and infrastructure and will be accessible to main roads such as Highway 1A, HCM City – Trung Luong Highway and Ring Road 3, which crosses the industrial park and connects with the Mekong Delta province of Long An. — VNS
- HCM City plans big for Tet
- Southern Food Festival opens in HCM City
- HCM City sees supply of houses, villas slump
- Support industry grows with HCM City"s help
- Vietjet plans new Vietnam-Australia air route
- HCM City leader welcomes German investors
- HCM City Party Committee reviews socio-economic development
- Thousands evacuated after ammonia leak in Ho Chi Minh City
- USA – Best city trip itinerary for 2 weeks: New York, Washington DC, Denver & Las Vegas
- Ho Chi Minh City medical cluster takes shape, offers hope to relieve patient overload
- Big tourism plan needs further study
- Horasis Asia Meeting 2018 opens in Binh Duong
HCM City plans new industrial zone in Binh Chanh District have 435 words, post on bizhub.vn at December 24, 2019. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.