HCM City (VNA) – The Ho Chi Minh City International Music Festival 2019 (HOZO 2019) kicked off at the Nguyen Hue pedestrian street, District 1, HCM City on December 13.
According to the municipal Department of Culture and Sports, its organiser, the three-day festival is part of HCM City’s strategic investment plan to develop the city’s cultural industry until 2020.
HOZO 2019 offers a precious opportunity for traditional music to merge with modern music, spreading the value of national music and culture to the world.
A variety of performances are offered during the festival, from jazz and pop to traditional music.
The event sees the presence of artists from France, Belgium, Russia, Japan, the Republic of Korea, Greece, Spain, India and Mongolia.
Two seminars on world music trends and the country’s music industry under the impact of 4.0 industry and international integration are scheduled.
Speaking at the opening ceremony, Permanent Vice Chairman of the HCM City People’s Committee Le Thanh Liem said the festival aims to connect Vietnam and HCM City in particular, through music, with friends from all over the world.
As the city is planning to bring the Vietnamese contemporary music to the world, it wants to build a brand of annual international music festival with unique features, reflecting international integration but still bearing national identities, he said./.
- Ha Long international music festival opens
- This year's Techcombank HCM City International Marathon to attract 16,000 runners
- Ha Long to host first International Music Festival
- Ha Long International Music Festival to be held this weekend
- Ha Long International Music Festival poised to welcome 2,000 spectators
- Hạ Long to host international music festival
- 20th Meet in Beijing International Arts Festival opens
- First Ha Long int’l music festival to take the stage
- Ha Long int’l music festival to bring over 150 local, foreign artists
- Stevie Nicks, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Dave Matthews Band Headline 2020 BottleRock Music Festival