HÀ NỘI — As many as 69 paintings by 64 artists nationwide are on display at an exhibition in Hà Nội featuring highlights of the contemporary fine arts of the country.
The exhibition Viet Art Now is a result of the project with the same name initiated by painters Phạm Hà Hải, Nguyễn Bình Chương and Phạm An Hải.
They founded a Facebook page called Viet Art Now gathering remarkable artists of the country. It’s a rendezvous of the artists to exchange and share idea and passion for art. It also hosts exhibitions and auctions with the aim to promote the national fine arts and support the artists.
“Viet Art Now is a notable web page but can easily become out-of-date when a lot of new methods of displaying and introducing art are mushrooming, and if it lacks updates, the participation of talents and real economic efficiency,” said critic Phan Cẩm Thượng.
“This is also a pathway for all forms of art activities in this era, though art it is necessary and there are always enthusiastic pioneering artists.
“An online page for art is also supported by technology in order to introduce creations beyond 2D and 3D and create multi-dimensional spaces, rather than paintings on surfaces only.”
Thượng said the paintings displayed at the exhibition are varied in subjects and materials reflecting clearly artists’ styles.
Apart from three initiators of Viet Art Now, the exhibition also features artists who are currently active and productive such as Đoàn Xuân Tặng, Nguyễn Trường Linh, Tạ Đình Khiêm, Khổng Đỗ Duy and Trần Thị Thu.
“The paintings reflect the serious working process of the artists and the trends of the national fine arts,” said Thượng.
Painter Thu who is known for inks on fabric and dying technique of the ethnic people brought to the exhibition two silk paintings Lời Thương Ta Ngỏ (Messages).
With red as the main colour, she wants to depict the culture of ethnic people.
“I was impressed by the colours on costumes of ethnic women in the northern mountainous region,” said Thu.
The exhibition will run until December 8 at Chọn Auction House, 63 Hàm Long Street, Hà Nội. — VNS
- Thai contemporary art on top at Art Stage Singapore
- Pacita Abad: A million times a woman, an artist
- Feed your head: Ronald Ventura takes viewers to a wander-land in first Tokyo show
- Asian architects aim to transform people’s lives at Venice biennale
- Hidalgo ‘Sailboats,’ the lethal Luna Telegram, Bonifacio Papers at the León Gallery Auction
- Art Basel’s Asian art gets to Hong Kong via New York and Los Angeles
- Ada Ledesma-Mabilangan & the aesthetics of purity
- Counterculture 'Burning Man' art takes Washington by storm
- Sultan Sooud Al Qassemi’s moveable majlis
- An Emirati collector leaves his art behind
- LIST: Holiday treats for kids and kids at heart
- YStyle’s Best of 2018
Exhibition shows remarkable contemporary artists have 516 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at December 7, 2019. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.