Temperature reduced across the country on December 6. Specifically, it dropped to 11-12 degrees in Hanoi, 4-7 degrees in Ha Giang province, 4 degrees in Lai Chau, 3 degrees in Sa Pa district of Lao Cai province and 2 degrees in Mu Cang Chai district of Yen Bai province. Frost occurred in many places.
HCMC saw it swing around 21 degrees early this morning. Temperature will drop to 20 degrees tonight. This cold wave is expeted to prolong in the next 8-9 days. The highest temperature will be 31 degrees in daytime.
Many places in the Central Highlands have been cold with temperature dropping to 14-17 degrees.
About 5-7 cold spells are forecast to slam in Vietnam this month. It is amid the dry season so localities should prevent drought and water shortage. Boats in the East Sea should watch over strong northeast winds caused by cold fronts.
- It's a cold snap election! Britain braces for snow and temperatures as low as -9C on polling day next week - with wintery showers and freezing fog to follow
- Councils gear up for cold snap by stockpiling salt to make sure the roads are clear for voters to get to the polling booths on election day
- 8 degrees Celsius and falling: Icy winds from hills give Delhi the chills
- Rising energy costs eyed amid brutal cold snap gripping US
- Esperance swimmers brave 13-degree Celsius shark habitat without wetsuit to boost mental fortitude
- UK weather forecast: Country in for a cold snap tonight as fog swapped for freeze
- UK weather forecast: Snow misery to blight Britain in 'short, cold snap' around General Election
- Delhi's air quality in 'poor' category, minimum temp at 8 degrees Celsius
- Sweaty Santa: North Pole temperatures forecast to be 20 degrees warmer than average this Christmas