International Chelsea cleared to make signings in January transfer window The Saigon Times Daily Saturday, Dec 7, 2019,08:53 (GMT+7) Chelsea cleared to make signings in January transfer windowThe Saigon Times Daily General view of a Chelsea corner flag inside the stadium before the match at Stamford Bridge, London, Britain November 9, 2019 – PHOTO: REUTERS LONDON (REUTERS) – Champions League contenders Chelsea have been cleared to sign players in the January transfer window after the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) on Friday halved a transfer ban imposed on the Premier League club last February. CAS said in a statement that it had also halved Chelsea’s fine to 300,000 Swiss francs (£234,483). The West London side, last season’s Europa League winners, had been handed a two-window ban by world soccer’s governing body FIFA for breaching rules on the international transfer and registration of players under 18. Chelsea served one window of the ban in the close season. In a statement released by the club later on Friday, Chelsea said they were grateful to CAS “for the diligent approach that it gave this matter”. But they criticised FIFA’s handling of the case, saying they were treated differently to Premier League rivals Manchester City “for reasons… Read full this story
- Transfer Talk: Man City join the chase for rising star Haaland
- Transfer news LIVE: Man Utd vs Liverpool scrap, Arsenal talks at Real Madrid, Chelsea plan
- Signing of Tevez and Mascherano nearly burst West Ham’s bubble
- Liverpool's era of excellence is just starting. Has Tottenham's come to an end?
- The nastiness made me gasp: He's covered five UK elections but when QUENTIN LETTS was sent to watch the final Clinton/Trump showdown, even he was horrified at how low US politics has sunk
Chelsea cleared to make signings in January transfer window have 304 words, post on english.thesaigontimes.vn at December 7, 2019. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.