Bosch, a leading global supplier of technology and services, announced its collaboration with Yonah, a project initiated by the alumni and students of National University of Singapore (NUS) that seeks to overcome barriers to accessing healthcare in rural regions through autonomous technologies. The project was inspired by the founding team’s trip to Papua New Guinea in 2016, where they discovered cargo logistics challenges caused by the difficult terrain and lack of road infrastructure. This also inhibited the transport of medical supplies to rural villages, causing a surge in prices for transportation and hindering supervisory medical visits by health community workers. Yonah was thus founded to help time-sensitive medical supplies reach the communities that need them. “From our hospital partner at Papua New Guinea, we learned that health workers conducting immunisation patrols at the various rural health centres have to travel 20 to 30 kilometres on foot, taking up to three days,” explained Ong Tian Chang, Yonah’s co-founder. “A routine immunisation patrol covering multiple sites could even take up to 12 days, which was definitely too long for vaccines to reach the provinces. It was then that we realised the potential of utilising autonomous drones in getting vaccines delivered.” Enabling meaningful… Read full this story
- Teenagers dominate parts of Papua New Guinea as the country's youth population booms
- Glowing with health, Camilla the yoga fan: Duchess looks radiant as she accompanies Charles on Jubilee tour of Papua New Guinea
- Papua New Guinea villagers facing food shortages amid rising population
- Papua New Guinea buries massacre victims as officials fear tribal 'viciousness is getting worse'
- Deputy PM Pham Binh Minh meets with Papua New Guinea Foreign Minister
- Emily Rudge shines for England as they see off Papua New Guinea
- Zak Hardaker shock inclusion in 24-man Great Britain squad for tour of New Zealand and Papua New Guinea
- Lieutenant-General Sir Hugh Cunningham, who saw action in the New Guinea jungle and fought in the Burma campaign – obituary
- Monthly feast is "breaking down barriers" in New Jersey community
- ‘Self-Partnered' Not ‘Single': Emma Watson Coins New Term To Describe Singledom As Source Of Power
Bosch partners Yonah to clear healthcare barriers in Papua New Guinea have 358 words, post on www.vir.com.vn at December 9, 2019. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.