Other News A solution for solar power development By Trinh Hoang-Minh Tam Sunday, Dec 22, 2019,14:59 (GMT+7) A solution for solar power developmentBy Trinh Hoang-Minh Tam Investment for the power transmission system cannot catch up with the boom in solar power development – PHOTO: THANH HOA Vietnam has offered a very high price for solar power to attract investment in this energy segment, but the country now has to recalculate the pricing to ensure sustainable development for this renewable energy. With Decision 11/2017/QD-TTg, the Government set out a mechanism to encourage solar power development projects as of 2017. Under the revised Power Master Plan VII approved by the Government, the solar power capacity will reach 800-850MW by 2020, but the solar power market has quickly fallen into disarray. In 2018, only three solar power plants were successfully connected to the power grid. In the first quarter of this year, five more plants were added, but the number surged between April and June. By June 30, 2019, the National Load Dispatch Center had connected more than 80 solar power plants with total capacity of 4,464MW to the power grid. Attracted by the purchase price of 9.35 U.S. cents per kWh, many enterprises have made massive… Read full this story
- Solar power sparks innovation in oil-rich Qatar
- African solar power for Europe could promote security, experts say
- SPI Energy Announces Closing on the Belvedere Solar Project
- Nigerians turn to renewable energy as solution to power crisis
- CT town uses virtual solar as new alternative to power up
- Power shortages hamper India's manufacturing
- Chinedu Nebo: Nigeria 'needs to develop renewables'
- Germany warms to Kenya's solar potential
- European solar panel designers aim for beauty
- Opinion: Solar Impulse 2 - time to sober up after the celebration
A solution for solar power development have 294 words, post on english.thesaigontimes.vn at December 22, 2019. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.