A xẩm band from Ninh Bình Province performs at the press conference on Thursday to announce the festival. — VNS Photo Quang Anh HÀ NỘI — Artists from across the country aged 7-70 will perform at the xẩm (blind wanderers’ music) festival from December 3-5 in the northern province of Ninh Bình. Fifteen clubs had registered to take part, according to Nguyễn Mạnh Cường, director of the Ninh Bình Province Department of Culture and Sports. The festival is designed to preserve and promote the art of singing and introduce the country’s traditional heritage to international visitors, he said at a press conference on Thursday in Hà Nội. “We host the festival because Ninh Bình is considered the cradle of the xẩm singing, the hometown of Meritorious Artist Hà Thị Cầu (1917-2013), the so-called ‘last humane treasure of xẩm’ and the most famous artisan of this genre,” he said. “Xẩm clubs and training classes have been opened for people who are interested in the art, including children and elders.” After the festival, cultural departments in Ninh Bình and other northern provinces will send an application to the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism for recognition of xẩm as a national intangible heritage. It’s the first step to nominate xẩm as an UNESCO heritage…. Read full this story
- Artist plans to hold national xam festival
- Chennai Margazhi young artiste of the day: Vidhya Raghavan
- Chennai Margazhi young artiste of the day: Pooja Suresh and Supraja Suresh
- Chennai Margazhi young artiste of the day: Adyar G.Silambarasan
- Chennai Margazhi young artiste of the day: Sarvesh Karthick
- Chennai Margazhi young artiste of the day: Poornima Krishna Emani
- Three young artists win TDC Christmas e-card design competition
- More than 600 artists to gather at National Drama and Folk Singing Festival
- Is Young Thug Having a Moment, or Is It Passing Him By?
- Why drawing fires up student-artist Suneesh Narayan
Xẩm festival to give young artists a chance have 343 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at November 15, 2019. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.