Discussions at the event help address the heat of conflicts which threaten the regional security. More than 100 of officials and scholars from 27 member states of the ASEAN Regional Forum (ARF) have expressed concerns about escalating tensions in the East Sea (internationally known as the South China Sea) at the 2nd ARF Workshop, which was co-organized by Vietnam, the European Union (EU) and the Canadian Embassy in Hanoi. Canadian Ambassador to Vietnam Deborah Paul, Dr. Le Thi Tuyet Mai, head of Department of Law and International Treaty under Vietnam’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs, EU Ambassador to Vietnam Giorgio Aliberti co-chaired the workshop. Photo: MOFA Vietnamese and international experts discussed methods to boost the enforcement of international treaties on the sea to solve problems that threat global peace and security. They shared overviews on the current situation and issues hindering the implementation of the United Nations Convention on the Law of the Sea (UNCLOS) and other international instruments in order to address emerging maritime issues. The participants discussed measures to promote the cooperation in maritime issues among ARF members with the progress made in the implementation of the ARF Vision Statement and Hanoi Plan of Action to implement the ARF Vision Statement… Read full this story
- Cambodia issues new quarantine regulations for travelers
- Media must sustain trust, be the voice of the people: Horatti
- ‘When Nehru Looked East: Origins of India-US Suspicion and India-China Rivalry’ review: Origins of Nehru’s ‘Asianism’
- World Athletics, please note: DSD regulations are a violation of human rights
- Chinese scientists make world’s first light-based quantum computer
- Covid-19 virus type has changed since June, says expert in Pune
- Monster Hunter: World is being review-bombed over its movie adaptation
- COVID-19: Vaccine clinics open across Moscow to start issuing Sputnik V jab
- Will the world RUN OUT of people? Book claims global population will start to decline in 30 years despite UN predictions - and says once it does 'it will never end'
- In testing COVID times, India got record investment; world sees it as trustworthy partner: PM Modi
World experts voice over East Sea issues again have 353 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at November 18, 2019. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.