Vietnam News Agency (VNA) General Director Nguyễn Đức Lợi (right) received an Organisation of Asia-Pacific News Agencies (OANA) award from outgoing OANA President Aslan Aslanov at the 17th OANA General Assembly in Seoul on Friday. The Vietnam News Agency and Xinhua News Agency (China) shared first prize of the OANA Award for Excellence in News Agency Quality for their Chatbot apps on e-newspaper VietnamPlus and AI Media Brain. — VNA/VNS Photo Mạnh Hùng SEOUL — General Director of the Vietnam News Agency (VNA) Nguyễn Đức Lợi has highlighted the need to win public trust in the fight against fake news. Lợi yesterday addressed the 17th General Assembly of the Organisation of Asia-Pacific News Agency (OANA) that is taking place in the Republic of Korea (RoK) from November 6-9. In his presentation, he said fake news continues to be a major concern for news agencies and media outlets around the world – and the VNA is no exception. Fake news has come in a more sophisticated manner as technology develops and cost reduces, he said. “Experts have predicted that as artificial intelligence is applied widely in the process of producing media content, fake news made by machines will also be born… Read full this story
- China blasts Trump phone hack report as 'fake news'
- Vietnam labor union suggests three more public holidays
- The good and bad news of fake news
- Is fake news old news?
- Google, Facebook take aim at 'fake' news
- Merkel warns against fake news driving populist gains
- Facebook, Twitter join network to tackle fake news
- Facebook 'context' button is latest effort to fight fake news
- Philippines promulgates law penalising fake news spreaders
- Facebook to reject ads from pages touting 'fake news'
VNA leader suggests ways to win public trust in battle with fake news have 300 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at November 8, 2019. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.