To get the title, the company has had a high growth rate of data subscribers, good diversity of services, large scope of supply, big infrastructure investment and healthy telecommunication ecosystem.
Speaking at the awarding ceremony, Cao Anh Son, CEO of Viettel Telocom, said that the title means the recognition by the international community of Viettel’s digital transformation strategy.
“We will continue to make more efforts to bring the best products and services to our customers, not just data services,” he added.
|Cao Anh Son, CEO of Viettel Telocom receiving the award|
In Vietnam, the telecommunications market is gradually becoming saturated due to large mobile coverage and the strong growth of data consumption. As the network provider with the biggest 3G and 4G infrastructure networks with more than 70,000 base transceiver stations, Viettel Telecom also has the largest number of 3G/4G subscribers, especially 4G subscribers.
In the first 9 months of 2019, the number of 4G subscribers has doubled compared to the same period of 2018, reaching 21 million subscribers (accounting for 65% of the total number of subscribers using data).
Viettel not only is the mobile service provider based on the 4G network and soon the 5G one in Vietnam, but also provides many short-term data packages (1 day, 3 days, 7 days) with low costs, thus creating favorable conditions for customers of all ages and regions to access the Internet.
On its 15th founding anniversary in October, Viettel conveyed a message of “Digital transformation – Start a new journey” with the goal to become a mobile service provider with a revenue as high as other telecoms in the world, maintaining its leading position in the market, and creating a second boom in the mobile sector by 2025.
Over the past 60 years, the Frost and Sullivan Awards are held annually in 19 industries including telecommunications, technology, banking and finance, aerospace, agriculture, construction and consumption. The selection of awardees is based on the results of surveys of more than 1,200 analysts and consultants in the Americas, Europe, the Middle East and Asia.
Viettel Telecom has twice honored at the Frost & Sullivan Award. In 2009, Viettel Telecom was the only Vietnamese enterprise named as the Service Provider of the Year in the developing markets.
In 2013, Movitel – Viettel’s brand in Mozambique was honored as the leading enterprise in mobile communication industry.
Translated by Lam Anh
- Telecom service providers want floor price for mobile data services
- Airtel, Jio, Vodafone Idea seek Trai's intervention for setting up floor price of data services
- How to Get Wi-Fi Without an Internet Service Provider: 5 Methods
- Dogtown Media Ranks #27 on Clutch’s Global List of Top 1000 B2B Service Providers
- The New Flat Rate Releases New, Enhanced Version of Menu Pricing System for In-Home Service Providers
- Permanent Mailing Address Service Provides Window Of Opportunity For Homeless
- Air Service Provider Chooses Propane Vehicles at Los Angeles International Airport
- 8 Useful Tips to Reduce Mobile Data Usage and Save Money
- Is Internet Freedom Under Threat From Internet Service Providers? [MUO Debates]
- These 15 Popular Android Apps May Be Leaking Your Mobile Data