Vietnam and Germany concluded the negotiations with stronger co-operation in future-oriented sectors With a commitment of €213.4 million ($236.1 million), the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) will support Vietnam in the next two years to create Vietnam’s growth strategy that is friendly to the environment and society alike. The partnership focuses primarily on effective energy supply, market access of renewable energy, and the protection of coastal areas by replanting mangrove areas in the Mekong Delta and implementing sustainable forest economy models in Northern and Central of Vietnam. In addition, the two sides also agreed to support sustainable rice cultivation in the Mekong Delta within the framework of the Green Innovation Centre initiative, which will benefit small agribusinesses in the region by being connected to the value-added chain. Besides this, the two countries also want to mobilise big Vietnamese and German businesses to provide vocational training for Vietnamese youth. Meanwhile, the Federal Ministry for the Environment, Nature Conservation, and Nuclear Safety (BMU) pledged €30 million ($33.2 million) for projects on protecting biodiversity and climate in Vietnam under the International Climate Initiative. Moreover, BMU also provided €11 million ($12.2 million) for a project to reduce plastic waste in… Read full this story
- Oceans will turn ‘deep GREEN’ by end of century – and experts are blaming climate change
- German Establishment Scared of AfD Success in European Elections – MP
- Greens want away success
- Homecoming Christmas gig ends successful year for Norfolk pub
- German coal phase-out criticised but welcomed on whole
- Wider German public welcomes compromise for phasing out coal
- Bavaria celebrates most successful referendum ever – to save its bees
- German Foreign Minister Maas: 'Trump Could Hardly Have Chosen a Worse Moment'
- Friday meeting may spell end to coal-powered energy in Germany
- German government cites Brexit as it slashes growth forecast
Vietnamese-German negotiations on green growth end in success have 306 words, post on www.vir.com.vn at November 18, 2019. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.