Naval Captain Nguyen Van Ngan, Deputy Chief of the Staff Department of Naval Region 4, leads the Vietnamese mission.
The visit, in response to activities of the Vietnam Year in Russia and the Russia Year in Vietnam in 2019 and 2020, aims to consolidate and promote the friendship and cooperation between the two militaries in general and the two navies in particular, thus contributing to further developing the time-honored friendship and comprehensive strategic partnership between Vietnam and Russia.
|Welcoming the head delegate|
|Officers and sailors are ready for assigned missions.|
As scheduled, the Vietnamese mission will pay courtesy calls on the Pacific Fleet Command of the Russian Navy and the authorities of Vladivostok city. They will also join culinary and cultural festivals and sports exchange in the host city.
During the Russia visit, the Vietnamese mission will participate in a fleet review and other activities in celebration of the Day of the Russian Navy.
|Saying goodbye to the port|
|The frigate starts an over 2,200 nautical mile voyage.|
According to Naval Captain Nguyen Van Ngan, the visit will give Vietnamese officers and sailors aboard Frigate 016-Quang Trung an opportunity to practice long voyages, improve commanding capabilities and combat readiness abilities of the crew-members, as well as master their weapons and equipment during long voyages at sea, and gain experiences in organizing international events.
Reported by Phuc Thang
Translated by Mai Huong
- Vietnamese frigate starts Russia visit
- Vietnamese frigate concludes international voyage
- Vietnamese expats in Russia join march commemorating Immortal Regiment
- Vietnamese studies contributes to Vietnam- Russia friendship: forum
- Russian Navy to Receive Two New Frigates by End of 2020 – Defense Minister
- Vietnamese labourers to work in Russia
- Vietnam enjoys substantial increase in exports to Russia
- Should Black Folks Trust the FBI’s Russia Investigation, Given Its History of Targeting Our Communities?
- At Least 3 Dead in Explosion at Chemical Plant in Russia's Perm Region