Agricultural expert Ho Quang Cua and the award in Manila. This is the first time Vietnamese rice has been named the best rice in the world. — VNA/VNS Photo Viet Nam’s organic rice from Soc Trang ST24 was crowned the best in the world at The Rice Trader (TRT) World Rice Conference 2019 in Manila, the Philippines, on Tuesday. This is the first time Vietnamese rice has been awarded this title. The TRT World Rice Conference is the largest annual gathering of commercial and professional rice industry participants in the world. The ST24 rice variety was developed by a group of Soc Trang-based agricultural engineers led by Ho Quang Cua, who was former deputy director of Soc Trang Province’s Agriculture and Rural Development Department. This is a high-yield rice variety that can provide 2-3 crops per year. It is long-grain white rice with an aroma of pineapple. Early this month, it also won first prize in Viet Nam’s rice contest held by the Viet Nam Food Association. ST24 is recognised as a specialty of Soc Trang Province. It has been planted widely in the Mekong Delta region and some other localities in the country since 2010. This rice variety can… Read full this story
- Viet Nam’s achievements in human development impressive
- Teen Climate Activist Greta Thunberg Blasts World Leaders at the UN: 'How Dare You!'
- Foreign tourists flock to Viet Nam in January
- Under 19 World Cup: South Africa, Afghanistan Kick Off 13th ICC Under 19 Cricket World Cup
- The best printer deals of January 2020
- Best womens’ tights for comfort, control, quality and style
- Ole Miss baseball announces non-conference game times
- 20 of the world's best waterfalls: readers’ tips
- These are the most sustainable corporations in the world
- ‘He did not have to do that...’: Steve Smith ends silence on Virat Kohli’s ‘lovely’ gesture during 2019 World Cup
Viet Nam's rice crowned the best at 2019 World Rice Conference have 322 words, post on bizhub.vn at November 13, 2019. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.