|Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc (R) welcomes US Secretary of Defence Mark Esper.|
Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc hosted a reception for US Secretary of Defence Mark Esper in Hanoi on November 20, during which Vietnam highly values comprehensive partnership with the US, regarding it as one of the country’s top important partners.
He appreciated the outcomes of the talks between Vietnamese Defence Minister Ngo Xuan Lich the US official, as well as the practical and effective results of bilateral defence ties within the framework of the bilateral comprehensive partnership and agreements by the two nations’ leaders.
He expressed readiness to back Vietnam in the United Nations peacekeeping missions and expand joint work in other realms.
Hailing the significance of the year 2020 when Vietnam undertakes the role of ASEAN Chair and the two countries celebrate the 25th anniversary of the normalization of bilateral ties, the guest said the US wants to help Vietnam fulfill its assigned tasks.
The US is appreciative of comprehensive partnership with Vietnam and desires to augment stronger cooperation with the country, he added.
PM Phuc proposed that both sides continue providing mutual consultation and offer mutual support at multilateral forums, particularly at forums hosted by ASEAN, and support defence forums held by the Vietnamese Defence Ministry next year.
He also sought the US’s assistance in the United Nations peacekeeping missions, especially in ensuring the operations of Vietnam’s Level-2 field hospital in Sudan.
The Vietnamese cabinet leader assured Vietnam’s determination to develop balanced and sustainable trade with the US, showing confidence that with resolve and good will, the two nations will further elevate their ties to a higher level.
PM Phuc expressed his wish to welcome the US President, Secretary of Defence and officials to important international events during the ASEAN Chair Year 2020.
The guest also thanked Vietnam for its assistance in successfully holding the DPRK – US Summit in Hanoi in February.
- Vietnam demands China to immediately stop sovereignty violations
- Lao PM concludes official visit to Vietnam
- Lao press highlights PM Thongloun Sisoulith’s visit to Vietnam
- South China Sea tensions surge: Vietnam urges India to back them against Beijing
- PM Hun Sen’s visit to further drive Vietnam-Cambodia relations forward
- South China Sea outrage: Furious Vietnam heighten Beijing tensions in new move with India
- Thailand prepares for joint bid with ASEAN to host FIFA World Cup
- South China Sea panic: ‘Region on the brink’ as Beijing’s real mission in area revealed
- UK stance on Khashoggi murder betrayed by unlawful arms sales to Saudis
- At Papa Roux, discount draws a crowd of Second Amendment supporters
- Why a Democratic Candidate Opposing Offshore Drilling Is Getting Republican Support in Trump Country
- Where Donald Trump, Hillary Clinton - and third parties - stand on the issues
US supports Vietnam and ASEAN’s stance on East Sea issue have 449 words, post on english.vov.vn at November 20, 2019. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.