She returned to Vietnam in August after Chinese authorities raided and deported undocumented immigrants. More about how she returned later. Cut to the present. In a countryside garment factory in the northern Bac Giang Province, Bien sits beside a bunch of red cloth bags. Around her dozens of other workers are making bags on sewing machines, but not Bien: Her job is to affix the company label on the bags, and she gets less than VND100,000 ($4.32) a day for it. She was given that job after failing to learn sewing despite eight days of training at the factory. “It’s too difficult, I can’t sew,” she says. Bien is one of many Vietnamese trafficking victims rescued from China who returned lost, damaged, with little assurance their life would ever go back to the normal old days. Before being trafficked to China, she had been quite resourceful, working her family’s rice field in Dong Lo Commune in Bac Giang while also attending a babysitting class. On October 2, 1991, when she was 23, Bien left home with a plow and seemingly vanished without a trace. With the muddy roads of her hometown then and lack of electricity, searching for her was… Read full this story
- Belfast man arrested on suspicion of human trafficking offences
- Man arrested for human trafficking in Belfast as alleged victim says she was held for six years in 'domestic servitude'
- UK joins forces with Nigeria to fight human trafficking
- Two women arrested in human trafficking probe
- Lewisham gang member convicted of human trafficking in landmark county lines modern slavery case
- Two women arrested in connection with human trafficking and prostitution investigation
- Spanish fireman who saved thousands of migrants faces human trafficking charge
- OSCE welcomes Belarus' efforts to promote joint response to human trafficking
- Finnish kids victims of human trafficking, study finds
- Fifteen children in Norfolk suspected victims of human trafficking
The plight of human trafficking survivors: Back from hell but to what? have 323 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at November 12, 2019. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.