According to VTV, the show, which has been broadcasted every Lunar New Year’s Eve over the past 16 years, will be replaced by another programme.
A scene in the Tao Quan (The Kitchen Gods) show
Following the announcement, millions of viewers expressed their disappointment. Artists such as Xuan Bac, Quang Thang, Van Dung and Tu Long who often play major characters in the annual comedy shared their disappointment. The show is famous for its annual satirical commentary on Vietnamese society throughout the year. It features the Kitchen Gods reporting on the nation’s life to Ngọc Hoàng, the Jade Emporer of Heaven. Unlike the original legend, there are multiple Táo, that provide humorous reviews of the country’s economic, cultural and social issues.
- 16-Year-Old Boy Shot in Hartford
- MS-13 member sentenced in murder of 16-year-old boy
- 'The Voice' Season 10 recap: 16-year-old Shalyah Fearing steals the show
- What Would Your 16-Year-Old Self Make Of Adult You?
- Georgia man, abducted 16-year-old fiancée killed in fiery crash
- Sportscaster Gary Radnich's more than 30-year run at KRON ends this week
- Police: Man tried to abduct 16-year-old girl
- Former seminary student who sought infants from Mexico to sexually abuse slammed with nearly 16 years in prison
- Sacramento police vehicle crashes into 16-year-old fleeing from bicycle violation
- Protests break out in Chicago after cop kills 16-year-old during foot chase