A ceremony was held at Da Nang International Airport on June 22 to repatriate remains of US servicemen who died during the war in Vietnam. Present on the Vietnamese side were representatives from the Vietnam Office for Seeking Missing Personnel (VNOSMP) and, on the US side, the Consul General of the US. General Consulate in Ho Chi Minh City, Le Thanh An, and representatives from the Joint POW/MIA Accounting Command (JPAC). The Vietnam Government representative handed over to the US Government representative two boxes of remains which were recovered during the 103rd Joint Field Activities from May to June, 2011 and turned over by Vietnamese citizens. These remains were jointly reviewed and concluded by Vietnam and US forensic specialists hat they might be associated with the US servicemen missing during the war in Vietnam and recommended to bring to Hawaii, United States, for further review. This is the 119th hand-over of American missing servicemen’s remains since 1973. Addressing the Repatriation Ceremony, the US Government representative expressed deep gratitude and high appreciation for the steadfast humanitarian policy, good-will and the increasingly efficient cooperation of the Vietnam Government and people. During the 103 rd Joint Field Activities, a United States Navy’s oceanographic… Read full this story
- Pentagon: North Korea slow to negotiate over US war remains
- Indian tribes to meet on retrieving more children's remains from Carlisle
- Tlingit storyteller on a mission to reinter Alaska Native remains
- Remains of Pennsylvania airman who died in WWII identified
- Veterans' remains put to rest in military cemetery in Holly
- World War II pilot's remains are finally buried at Arlington
- Saudi woman fleeing family, seeking asylum remains holed up in Thai airport hotel
- South Florida soldier is among the four Americans killed in Syria suicide bombing
- Survivors gathering at Pearl Harbor for attack remembranceYou may also be interested in...
- Military honors unidentified fallen Korean War hero in solemn ceremony
Repatriation of US servicemen’s remains have 324 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at June 23, 2011. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.