Scrap is piled up along local roads in Tề Lỗ Village, Vĩnh Phúc Province. — VNA/VNS Photo Nguyễn Trọng Lịch VĨNH PHÚC The rapid development of waste recycling in recent years has seriously affected the lives of people in Vĩnh Phúc Province. A small area in Tề Lỗ, a village in Yên Lạc District, gathers tens of thousands of old cars, excavators, bulldozers, and cranes which are waiting to be dismantled and classified for reuse, vietnamplus.vn reported. Good spare parts will be reused by selling them to car repair shops. After a few weeks or months of dismantling, the paint, rubber gaskets, tires, plastics and machinery lubricants from the vehicles is discharged into the environment. All of this non-recyclable waste is burned or thrown away to the local environment by residents, polluting vacant areas, canals, ponds and lakes. The waste also contributes to water, air and land pollution. T, a car dismantling worker in Tề Lỗ Commune, said tonnes of wastes from all kinds of machines and motors were discharged into the environment every day. These products were only partially collected and most were carried to fields and canals along villages and hamlets to destroy by burning, he said. The burning… Read full this story
- The recycling dilemma: good plastic, bad plastic?
- Chile's trashpickers say recycling latest casualty of coronavirus
- EU pledges coronavirus recovery plan will not harm climate goals
- Environment ministry eyes tackling transport pollution
- What does the biggest free trade deal in history mean for the environment?
- Court rules U.S. environment agency must protect states from upwind air pollution
- Trà Vinh expands organic coconut cultivation
- Trà Vinh farmers expand organic rice areas
- The COVID-19 vaccine will require billions of glass vials—but lockdowns are cratering the supply of recycled glass
- Gore District Council ends plastic recycling, but green waste dumping is free
Recycling harms environment in Vĩnh Phúc have 330 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at November 9, 2019. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.