The first prize was won by Saigon photographer Nguyen Thanh Hop for a photo titled “Vao keo tranh giay tu go dua” which shows artists gluing an artwork made with coconut fiber on a backlit table. The art form is known as tranh giay dua (coconut paper painting). The “I love Ben Tre” photomarathon was part of the fifth coconut festival that took place in the southern province from November 14-20. The festival honors Ben Tre’s coconut palms, products made with different parts of it, and local life surrounding the palm. Photos had to be taken in the province from November 15-17. In second place was a photograph of women dancing at the opening ceremony of the festival, wearing the khan ran, a traditional checkered black and white shawl, and the ao ba ba, a traditional southern garment. The photo, titled “Duyen dang Ben Tre” or Graceful Ben Tre, was taken by photographer Nguyen Bach Thao of Vinh Long Province. The contest received 800 submissions by 395 photographers from 25 provinces and cities across the country. Two students wearing the traditional non la (conical hat) and ao dai walking to school through a coconut grove is one of three photos that won… Read full this story
- A quietly challenging triumph: Sampha's Mercury prize-winning album, Process
- Madeline Miller's Orange prize win captures the prevailing literary mood
- Nobel Prize-winning scientist retracts paper, saying results were not 'reproducible'
- Winning At Life…By Not Losing
- The truth about ‘miracle foods’ – from chia seeds to coconut oil
- Academics land £2m prizes at Zuckerberg-backed 'science Oscars'
- Award-winning Congolese singer Banza takes sudden fame in her stride
- Iran HIV specialist jailed for visiting US wins Nobel-prizewinners' support
- Shard leads Olympic Aquatics Centre in race for the Stirling prize
- Going going green: Tips to lead a sustainable life from people who walk the talk
Prize-winning pictures show a life revolving around coconuts have 315 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at November 22, 2019. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.