Congratulating his guest on assuming tasks in Vietnam, PM Phuc expressed his belief the diplomat will make active contributions to the bilateral relations and affirmed that the EU is Vietnam’s important partner.
The Government leader spoke highly of the EU’s viewpoint on the East Sea issue, supporting safety, security and freedom of aviation and navigation in the East Sea, as well as abiding by international law.
Next year, Vietnam will shoulder the role of the ASEAN Chair and a non-permanent member of the United Nations Security Council, PM Phuc said, expressing his belief that the Vietnam – EU cooperation will become constantly better.
The leader said he hopes that in the term of the ambassador, bilateral trade will be no less than 20 billion USD while investment and exchanges between the two sides will increase. He wished his guest a successful term in the country and become a good friend who closely cooperates with the Vietnamese side.
For his part, the diplomat held that the Vietnam – EU relations are in a very fine stage. However, he also said this is also a challenge for him, especially in implementing agreements and treaties the two sides have reached.
As for the East Sea issue, the ambassador affirmed that the EU supports Vietnam’s viewpoint on the basis of respect to international law./.
- San Diego delegation heads to Mexico to talk trade, push for Tijuana sewer system upgrades
- Former East Lake, FSU receiver George Campbell headed to Penn State
- Vietnamese, Cambodian PMs say bilateral relationship is cohesive, durable and inseparable
- Top leader receives Cambodian PM Hun Sen
- Meet Xuan, the Dallas Singer-Songwriter, Hair Stylist, Cantor and More
- Sahel: EU takes further steps to better support the security of the region
- "Napalm Girl" Kim Phuc from iconic Vietnam photo honored for peace work
- Bay Area journalist Vicky Nguyen leaving KNTV
- US ends diplomatic tiff with EU
- May facing Brexit backlash at home as she heads to Brussels to seek more time