Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc (R) receives Ambassador Pier Giorgio Aliberth, head of the EU delegation to Vietnam, on November 22 (Photo: VNA) Hanoi (VNA) – Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc received head of the delegation of the European Union (EU) to Vietnam, Ambassador Pier Giorgio Aliberth, in Hanoi on November 22. Congratulating his guest on assuming tasks in Vietnam, PM Phuc expressed his belief the diplomat will make active contributions to the bilateral relations and affirmed that the EU is Vietnam’s important partner. The Government leader spoke highly of the EU’s viewpoint on the East Sea issue, supporting safety, security and freedom of aviation and navigation in the East Sea, as well as abiding by international law. Next year, Vietnam will shoulder the role of the ASEAN Chair and a non-permanent member of the United Nations Security Council, PM Phuc said, expressing his belief that the Vietnam – EU cooperation will become constantly better. The leader said he hopes that in the term of the ambassador, bilateral trade will be no less than 20 billion USD while investment and exchanges between the two sides will increase. He wished his guest a successful term in the country and become a good… Read full this story
- ‘Napalm Girl’ Kim Phuc receives prize for peace work
- PM must stand up to EU leaders on Brexit backstop: Arlene Foster
- Arlene Foster calls on PM to stand up to EU over backstop as member states veto change
- Head of EU delegation to Turkey, Christian Berger: Turkey, EU prioritize education, job creation for Syrian refugees
- Deputy PM receives EBRD delegation
- President Ilham Aliyev receives German delegation [UPDATE]
- Armenian minister receives EIB delegation
- Armenian FM receives EU Special Representative for the South Caucasus and the crisis in Georgia
- Russian delegation heading to Davos after sanctioned oligarchs allowed in
- PM 'working to get more EU assurances'
PM Nguyen Xuan Phuc receives EU delegation head have 318 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at November 22, 2019. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.