Politburo member and permanent member of the Party Central Committee’s Secretariat Tran Quoc Vuong (R) receives US Defence Secretary Mark Esper (Photo: VNA) Hanoi (VNA) – Politburo member and permanent member of the Party Central Committee’s Secretariat Tran Quoc Vuong on November 20 received US Defence Secretary Mark Esper, who is now on a working visit to Vietnam. The US official spoke highly of the dynamic developments, position, role and active contributions of Vietnam to regional and international issues. He hailed the practical and effective developments of the Vietnam – US relations over the recent past, and affirmed that the US attaches importance to and hopes to further strengthen and deepen the relations as well as cooperation with Vietnam in all the fields, with that on defence being an important component. Esper congratulated Vietnam on its election as a non-permanent member of the United Nations Security Council for the 2020-2021 term and as the Chair of ASEAN in 2020, and pledged to coordinate with and support the country to well perform its tasks. For his part, Vuong expressed his satisfaction at the progress in the bilateral relations and affirmed Vietnam’s consistent policy of taking the US as one of… Read full this story
- Labour SCOLDS reporters for trying to ask about anti-Semitism as party launches an NHS stunt featuring a theatrical 'reveal' of year-old 'secret' documents claiming Tories will 'sell out' health service to US
- VN Party leader-President receives Malaysian Prime Minister
- A bloody outrage: Veterans' fury as former British soldier WILL be charged with murder over Bloody Sunday shootings while IRA terrorists 'are cleansed of crimes' - as ex-Sinn Fein leader Gerry Adams holds protest 'in solidarity with victims' families'
- Fury at preening Tory saboteurs: Angry backlash against Brexiteer plotters bidding to bring down Theresa May as moderate MPs warn a coup will destroy the government, damage the economy and jeopardise Brexit altogether
- Russia decries cancelled Boris Johnson visit and warns on further Syria attacks
- As Nato turns 70, can this feuding global family patch things up?
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES NOVEMBER 26
- 100 DAYS IN OFFICE: Controversies, kudos, knocks greet Buhari, govs
- TEXT: US President Obama's State of the Union address
- Senior military leaders 'call for "embarrassing" Duke of York to be stripped of his naval roles' in wake of his friendship with Jeffrey Epstein
Party leading official welcomes US Defence Secretary have 396 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at November 20, 2019. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.