Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik has said that 50 electric buses will be added to the public transport fleet shortly to give a push to clean mobility. Patnaik made the announcement after he travelled in a Mo Bus from Biju Patnaik Airport Square to Jayadev Bhawan on November 6, marking the first anniversary of the ‘Mo Bus’ service in Bhubaneswar. The Chief Minister took a ride in the bus after purchasing a ticket. He clicked photos with co-passengers and gave them autographs. “I dream of Mo Bus service becoming the lifeline of the capital region like Brihanmumbai Electric Supply and Transport (BEST) buses in Mumbai and Metro rail in Delhi and Kolkata,” Patnaik said. Mentioning that ‘Mo Bus’ has become a major mass transit facility in the capital region, he said, “It is heartening to see citizens opting for Mo Bus for commuting”.On the occasion, Patnaik also unveiled mascot MOBBY (Mo Bus for Better You). The mascot was chosen after a contest was organised on social media in October. Capital Region Urban Transport (CRUT) Managing Director Arun Bothra said that the first year journey of ‘Mo Bus’ was challenging as well as a learning experience for the CRUT team. “The… Read full this story
- Regional Homebuilder, Capitol City Homes, Celebrates 10th Anniversary
- Celebrity daily edit: Littlest royals take centre stage at Monaco National Day event - video
- ₹100 crore for infrastructure dev of Utkal University: Odisha CM
- Odisha CM Patnaik sanctions Rs 100 crore for Utkal University
- Watch the Star Wars Celebration 40th Anniversary Panel
- Jeff Bridges, John Goodman, and Steve Buscemi celebrate 20th anniversary of The Big Lebowski
- Rolling Stones could keep rocking until 2022 when legendary band will celebrate 60th anniversary
- Kamal Haasan gets honorary doctorate for contribution to cinema by Odisha CM
- Odisha CM Naveen Patnaik's Grievance Cell To Reopen From July 1
- Kristen Bell and Dax Shepard Celebrate Their Anniversary With "Heavy Make Out Sesh"
Mo Bus celebrates 1st anniversary, Odisha CM takes ride have 327 words, post on www.thehindu.com at November 7, 2019. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.