A group of Khơ Mú men and women perform múa boòng bụ (dance while beating on bamboo tubes). Photo courtesy of Museum of Ethnology HÀ NỘI – The unique music of bamboo flutes played with the nose of Khơ Mú ethnic minority people will be played during an event at the Museum of Ethnology in Hà Nội on November 23-24. The programme will introduce music of the Khơ Mú people living in Nghệ An and Điện Biên provinces with the participation of 19 artisans. Visitors will have a chance to meet with the artists and learn to make traditional musical instruments of the Khơ Mú such as nose flute, drum set, jew harp and bamboo castanets. The audience will also join the Khơ Mú artists in various dances such as múa sạp (dance between bamboo poles) and múa boòng bụ (dance while beating on bamboo tubes). “The traditional musical instruments are varied and unique including percussion, stringed instruments and wind instruments,” said PhD Bùi Nhật Quang, director of the museum. “The Khơ Mú often use them in festivals, anniversaries and weddings. They also perform folk singing and dancing. “We have worked with culture departments of Nghệ An and Điện Biên provinces… Read full this story
- Keep Knoxville Beautiful to Host 4th Year of Unique Musical Fundraiser
- Obama visits Coachella just days after tweeting that more people attend music festival than vote
- 'La Bamba:' Actors then & now, and the real-life people who inspired the 1987 classic music biopic
- Do You Ever Get the Feeling Ted Cruz Doesn't Even Like Music?
- GRAMMY Museum Mississippi has attracted 80,000 visitors since opening
- Bruce Museum hosts 37th Outdoor Art Show
- T.I. wants to highlight trap music with new pop-up museum
- Weekend picks: Meet Svengoolie at Volo Auto Museum
- The Porch at Miami Book Fair Offers a Week of Live Music
- Springfield Art Museum unveils ambitious renovation plan
Khơ Mú people’s unique music at Museum of Ethnology have 337 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at November 21, 2019. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.