Veteran actor and director Thành Lộc (centre) performs in Mặt Nạ Bong Bóng. — Photo courtesy of the theatre HCM CITY – A play about belief and betrayal by Nguyễn Thị Minh Ngọc, one of HCM City’s region’s leading female writers, will make its debut on Sunday in the city. The tragi-comedy Mặt Nạ Bong Bóng (Mask of Balloons) will be staged by the actors of IDECAF Drama Troupe in a Saigonese style that fans find attractive It is directed by Vũ Minh, a well-known theatre director who has more than 15 years of experience in the industry. Minh said he and his staff had worked hard to incorporate simple and humorous language to meet the tastes of their audiences in the city. Mặt Nạ Bong Bóng features a balloon seller named Bạch who has supernatural powers and believes his job is to bring laughter to the world until life disabuses him of his view. Bạch goes from street to street selling his coloured balloons. He helps and protects people and children from bad things. One day, two bad guys use him for evil intentions, so Bach asks for help, but no one offers it. Bạch wonders why bad things happen to good people. ”Did I live the wrong… Read full this story
- Comedy gold: Frankie Howerd on Campus
- Bill Maher Is Stand-up Comedy’s Past. Hannah Gadsby Represents Its Future.
- How the Nontraditional Stand-up Special Took Over Comedy
- Dave Chappelle, Ricky Gervais and comedy's 'ironic bigotry' problem
- How Louis C.K. Became a King of Comedy
- Miss Julie/Black Comedy review – sprightly Strindberg, sublime Shaffer
- Ellen DeGeneres Is Returning to Stand-up With a Netflix Comedy Special
- Readers' favourite stage shows of 2019
- Cải lương troupes prepare to regale farmers during holiday season
- Cai luong troupes prepare to regale farmers during holiday season
IDECAF troupe stages tragi-comedy have 329 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at November 8, 2019. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.