Đoàn Văn Hậu (right) competes for Việt Nam in the match against the UAE in the World Cup qualifier last Thursday. Photo thoidai.com.vn HÀ NỘI – Viet Nam national team star Đoàn Văn Hậu has been nominated for the Young Footballer of the Year prize at the Asian Football Confederation (AFC) Awards. Hậu is the only Vietnamese player nominated at the continental-level individual awards, which will be held in Hong Kong on December 12. Japan’s Hiroki Abe and Lee Kang-in of South Korea have also been shortlisted for the title. The 20-year-old left-back won the V.League 1 trophy with Hà Nội FC earlier this year, and moved to Dutch side SC Heerenveen on loan in September. Though has yet to make his debut in the Eredivisie, he remains an indispensable player in Park Hang-seo’s Vietnamese lineup. Hậu contributed to the national team during their AFF Cup win and to the U23 team on their way to silver in the Asian U23 Championship last year. He also competed for various national teams at the U20 World Cup and the Asian Cup. The annual AFC Awards honour the continent’s most outstanding individuals, teams, and associations during the past year. VNS
- Russian youth player charged for racism vs Liverpool
- Colts' T.Y. Hilton named AFC Offensive Player of the Week
- International Youth Day: how Nestlé offers economic opportunities to youth in Central & West Africa
- Jets legend Joe Klecko again misses out on Hall-of-Fame nomination
- Youth sports will be primary goal for new Hamilton sports complex, developer says
- Charlie Adam: 'Manchester United need five more players to challenge for title'
- Bill O'Brien on if Texans will camp at Greenbrier next year: 'We'll talk about that as an organizati
- Readers sound off on youth football, impeachment and Uber
- Fantasy football players rising, falling and ones to watch: NFC South
- 'Big Brother' Spoilers: The Veto Win Solidifies A Player’s Possible Dismissal
Hậu nominated for AFC Youth Player of the Year have 342 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at November 17, 2019. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.