Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc has signed a decision approving Vietnam's hosting of the two regional sport events, with the SEA Games 31 slated for late November or early December 2021, followed by Para Games 11 in late December. The events are expected to attract 11 countries in Southeast Asia.
SEA Games 31 will feature 36 sports, two-third of which will be those on the official sports lists of the Olympic Games and the Asian Games (ASIAD). Countries in the region can also propose some other sports for competition.
Hanoi and some neighbouring localities will provide the venues for competitions.
Meanwhile, Para Games 11 is set to have 14 sports, and the capital city will also be the host of this event.
The PM assigned the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism to specify the dates, sports and venues for the competitions and submit them to the National Steering Committee for SEA Games 31 and Para Games 11 for decision./.
- So much for 'armless entertainment! Harry Styles gets programme name inked on forearm after losing game of Tattoo Roulette on Late Late Show
- Cycling: Le Tour rescheduled for SEA Games preps, Bicol rehab
- Sports Minister Saddiq defends Malaysia’s Israeli ban after being stripped of right to host para swimming championship
- MOA Arena to host SEA Games basketball
- Perlas' build-up for SEA Games off to good start
- Charlotte preps for road closures, massive congestion in uptown for NBA All-Star Game
- PSC chief accepts SEA Games chef de mission post
- Daniel Nguyen favourite to win Vietnam's first SEA Games tennis gold
- 10 of the best games shops in Tokyo
- Don't stop the clock at midnight, nightlife seekers tell Hanoi
- From Southeast Asian Peninsular Games to SEAG
- Asian Games: Vietnam lauds South Korean coach as soccer 'wizard'
Hanoi to host SEA Games 31, Para Games 11 in late 2021 have 307 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at November 15, 2019. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.