Speaking at a conference in Ho Chi Minh City on July 24, Nguyen Quoc Toan, the authority’s director, said: “The domestic agro-forestry and fishery processing industry had an annual growth rate of 5-7 percent over the past 10 years, creating a system with total processing capacity of about 120 million tons of farm produce materials a year.” The country is home to over 7,500 enterprises involved in agro, forestry and fishery processing on an industrial scale for export, besides tens of thousands of small-scale processing facilities serving the domestic market. “The processing industry has significantly increased the value of Vietnamese agricultural products, contributing to building a modern agricultural system,” Toan said. However, the industry’s development has not been commensurate with its potential, he said. Shortcomings and bottlenecks in its value chain include the low level of processing technology, lack of diversity of processed products, and weak linkages among stakeholders in material supply, processing and consumption. Visitors look at processed farm produce on display at the Vietnam International Exhibition on Processing, Packaging and Preserving Food and Agricultural Products held in HCM City. Dr. Le Manh Hung, a representative of the Sub-Institute of Agricultural Engineering and Post-Harvest Technology in the South, said… Read full this story
- Why do farm produce find it hard to enter modern retail channel?
- Budget 2020 | Rail, flight services to transport farm produce
- Thái Nguyên festival honours tea processing industry
- Budget may help improve farm profitability, say industry leaders
- Some 1,300 tonnes of farm produce exported via Lào Cai Border Gate
- Some 1,300 tonnes of farm produce exported via Lao Cai Border Gate
- Food processing ministry to push investment in J&K and Ladakh
- Growth in Food Processing sector to open up opportunities in agri value chain, says Economic Survey
- Only Rs 10 crore of Rs 2,000-crore farm fund used in two years
- Chocolate industry may feel the pinch as global cocoa prices rise
Farm produce processing industry urged to tap potential have 325 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at November 16, 2019. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.