The Kodambakkam zone of the Chennai Corporation removed encroachments near Panangal Park in T. Nagar in Wednesday.
A senior official of the Chennai Corporation said complaints were received by motorists about hawkers and shop owners at the shopping complex located on the west side of the park encroaching upon the road space below the Usman Road flyover, causing traffic bottlenecks. To ease the traffic congestion, officials of Kodambakkam zone are engaged in removing bill boards, hawker stalls and other encroachments.
A senior official of the civic body said the shop owners of the shopping complex, which belongs to the Corporation, had also encroached upon the road space by fixing name boards. The shop owners have asked for a few days to remove the name boards, he added.
The encroachment removal is part of a proposal to construct stormwater drain next year, to prevent water stagnation under the flyover.
- Watch a Tow Truck Remove an Illegally Parked Car in Less Than a Minute
- Deer Park boys open district with 50-41 win
- Report: Pregnant woman stabbed with large knife in Grimes Park
- Warriors are ready to home in on a final hurrah at Celtic Park
- Here’s how Mayor Brand can improve Fresno’s parks – and win back potential voters
- Rust Removal Guide – Rust Eradication
- Chukchansi Park got quite a facelift. Here is what’s new at Fresno Grizzlies games
- NYPD Beekepers Rip MLB for Exterminating Bee Swarm at Petco Park
- Do you live near a sports stadium? Here’s how you can make easy weekly cash – and you don’t have to do a thing
- How to get to the Texas-OU game. Here’s what you need to know about traffic, parking