Vietnamese nationals were jailed for their parts in organising a large-scale cannabis growing operation across the north-west of England. — Photo courtesy of Lancashire Police. LANCASHIRE — A gang of Vietnamese nationals have been jailed for a total of 37 years after police smashed a sophisticated cannabis ring operating in the United Kingdom. In total, detectives recovered more than 2,300 plants grown in 18 non-descript looking houses all across the north-west of England. If broken down, the drugs were worth more US$1.2 million (VNĐ 29 billion) on the street. A judge at Preston Crown Court sentenced most of the gang this week. Others had been jailed at earlier hearings. The court heard some of the cannabis farmers had been working to repay debts to people who had smuggled them into the UK. One claimed he had gained entry into the country by hiding in the back of a refrigeration unit in a container lorry – the same method used which led to the deaths of 39 Vietnamese nationals last month. Four men – Quan Dang, 32, Hung Pham, 29, Tran Hung, 36, and Vo Duc, 20 – were jailed for between 31 and 48 months, for their roles supporting the network. A fifth… Read full this story
- Cannabis prohibition doesn't work anywhere. It's New Zealand's turn to legalise it
- My brother was killed by cannabis, jack it in: Magistrate tells addict of her family's pain to help him quit the drug
- Big Sur’s Dolan Fire may have arson, cannabis connections
- 'Stoner' stigma unfair, say Kiwis planning to tick yes in upcoming cannabis referendum
- Secret Ingredient: Indian Family Hospitalised After Mistakenly Consuming Cannabis Curry
- Take my life instead of destroying my cannabis farm ― Suspect begs NDLEA
- NDLEA destroys 10-hectare cannabis sativa plantation in Kogi
- Cannabis referendum: Would legalisation change the 'race-based' targeting of Māori?
- Britons want cannabis legalised
- Cannabis Use Has a Debatable Impact on Cognitive Functioning
Cannabis story have 314 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at November 8, 2019. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.