Trade Agro-forestry-fishery exports to China through informal channels suspended By Trung Chanh Wednesday, Nov 6, 2019,19:14 (GMT+7) Agro-forestry-fishery exports to China through informal channels suspendedBy Trung Chanh A woman classifies mangoes for export. All agro-forestry-fishery products must be exported to China through formal channels – PHOTO: TRUNG CHANH CAN THO – Local exporters of agro-forestry-fishery products can no longer ship their products to China through informal channels, stated Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development Nguyen Xuan Cuong. At a question-and-answer session today, November 6, Cuong noted that China, with a population of 1.4 billion people, has high demand for agro-forestry-fishery products, annually importing some US$150 billion worth of these products. Over the past few years, Vietnam has effectively exploited this market thanks to its advantages in geographical location and cultural similarities. Last year, Vietnam exported US$8.7 billion worth of agro-forestry-fishery products to China and spent nearly US$3 billion importing these products, the minister added. However, China has now tightened control over imports, asking that all products be transported to its market through formal channels. The country recently boosted investment in the agriculture sector, resulting in a decline in the demand for imports. Vietnam has annually exported some three million tons of rice to China… Read full this story
- ‘Transformers 4’ to shoot in China: Paramount strikes deal with China Movie Channel to help produce Michael Bay film
- Keep Export-Import Bank: Our view
- China steps up pressure on N. Korea to halt missile, nuke testing
- China culls birds as flu deaths mount; airline shares fall
- Analysis: After Trump's sweet talk with China, conflicts remain
- Australian exporters try to sell kangaroo meat to China
- Why China matters in Trump's economic policy
- Exclusive: Toledo Bend earns Bassmaster’s No. 1 fishery
- Who is winning the crude oil market share war in China?
- China bans rowdy game show after mom's rant about turning her daughter into the 'sexy goddess of China'
Agro-forestry-fishery exports to China through informal channels suspended have 321 words, post on english.thesaigontimes.vn at November 6, 2019. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.