left it late to beat Thailand in the GSB Bangkok Cup on October 10, scoring the winner with almost the last kick of the game.
connected to a cross from the right to slot home in the 93rd minute.
His late effort meant new
marked his first match in charge with a win.
Playing in Bangkok, the hosts were poor in the first half and Vietnam would have been disappointed to not take a lead into the interval.
The second half was a whole different ball game, with Thailand on the front foot from the whistle.
With both teams expecting a share of the spoils, it was substitute Tung who made the difference with his late winner.
Vietnam will meet the Republic of Korea, who trounced Uzbekistan 5-0 in an earlier game, in the final on October 12.
The Bangkok Cup is considered a good preparation for the 2020 Asian championship’s qualification early next month.
In the continental event, Vietnam as the hosts are in Group J with Japan, Mongolia and Guam. All match will be held in southern Ba Ria-Vung Tau province from November 6-10./.
- Vietnam U19s defeat Thailand 1-0
- Vietnam U19s beat Thailand
- Vietnam U19s defeat Malaysia in Hanoi
- Vietnam to face Thailand in VTV Cup semi-final
- Thai media: Vietnam moves closer to AFF Cup championship title
- Vietnam will beat Thailand in football championship: Graechen
- Vietnam to host English League Cup draw
- Vietnam strikes eleventh hour World Cup 2018 deal
- Thailand beat Vietnam 1-0 in World Cup qualifier
- Vietnam U19 players enter ASEAN Football Championships semi-final