Illustrative image (Source: VNA) Hanoi (VNA) – Vietnam’s total revenue from retail trade and services in the first nine months of this year reached 3.6 quadrillion VND (around 155.3 billion USD), 11.6 percent over the same period last year. If the price factor was excluded, the total revenue rose by 9.2 percent year on year, higher than the rate of 9.1 percent recorded in the first nine months of 2018, according to the General Statistics Office (GSO). According to GSO experts, high demand due to improved living standards had spurred consumption. An abundant supply of goods and guaranteed quality had also increased sales volume. Thanks to increased purchasing power, the wholesale and retail sector together with the services sector contributed significantly to GDP growth of 6.98 percent in the first nine months of 2019, the highest level recorded since 2011. According to the GSO, total revenue from retail trade and services in September was estimated at 420.3 trillion VND, up 1.7 percent month on month, and up 12.7 percent year on year. For the third quarter of 2019, total revenue reached 1.2 quadrillion VND, up 3.5 percent compared to the previous quarter, and up 12.2 percent year on year. Retail sales reached 2.8 quadrillion VND, accounting for 76 percent… Read full this story
- US retail sales rose a solid 0.3 percent in April
- Xbox 360 Sales Rise, Despite Poor Video Game Sales
- Is January’s sharp drop in retail sales a plea for new gaming options?
- Retail rents rising, despite industry turmoil
- Apple leads the pack in per-square-foot retail sales
- AT&T President of retail sales says that Lumia 900 sales have exceeded expectations
- The impact of consumer demand for cutting-edge display technology on the gases market
- Viva Móvil by Jennifer Lopez is a new premium Verizon retailer focusing on Latino consumers
- Palm to hire a director of Sprint retail sales to manage ‘product launch activities’
- Comments for : Apple sells lower than expected 77.3M iPhones in fiscal first quarter; iPhone X sales appear strong
Vietnam’s retail sales rise on strong consumer demand have 328 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at October 3, 2019. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.