Singapore (VNA) –
Deputy Minister of Public Security Sen. Lieut. Gen Nguyen Van Thanh is leading a Vietnamese delegation to join the
(SICW), which opened on October 1.
In his remarks, Senior Minister and Coordinating Minister for National Security Teo Chee Hean stressed besides substantial benefits, digital technology has posed pressing cyber threats to all countries worldwide as cybercrime has become more sophisticated.
In that context, nations should join hands to respond to the challenges so as to build a
that meets development requirements in each country, he said, affirming as a victim of many cyber-attacks, Singapore pledges close cooperation with all countries to develop a secure network based on regulations.
Singapore will play a catalyst role to promote collaboration and connectivity as well as ensure cybersecurity in the Southeast Asian region through training and sharing information about cybersecurity with other ASEAN member states, he added.
Meanwhile, Under-Secretary-General and Special Adviser to the Secretary-General on the Preparations for the Commemoration of the 75th anniversary of the United Nations Fabrizio Hochschild said as cyber-attack is a global issue, all countries should work together to address the challenge.
He expressed his belief that the SICW would offer an opportunity for policy-makers, experts, scholars and businesses to give out practical measures that help shape up a safe cyber space for digital economic development in the future.
Director of Southeast Asia at CyberTrap Holger Sontag told the Vietnam News Agency’s correspondent in Singapore that he has been impressed by his Vietnamese partners, who have been aware of and shown outstanding abilities in ensuring cybersecurity.
Besides, Vietnam understands the need to apply advanced technologies in preventing and countering cybersecurity risks effectively, he added.
Taking place until October 3, the SICW, the region’s most established cybersecurity event, will feature the ASEAN Ministerial Conference on Cybersecurity (AMMC), GovernmentWare (GovWare) exhibition and conference, ASEAN Cybercrime Prosecutors’ Roundtable Meeting, SICW Cybersecurity Lecture, and the International Common Criteria Conference./.
- Banks praised for their internal cyber defence capabilities
- Singapore to offer bug bounty, set up Asean cybersecurity centre
- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez Tweet-Shames Congress Members for Not Paying Interns a Living Wage
- Singapore now able to certify products under global cybersecurity standard
- Seizure of 14 Tons of Pangolin Scales in Singapore Sets a Dismal Record
- Toyota Australia confirms 'attempted cyber attack'
- Singapore unveils implementation guides, forms industry committee to boost telecom security
- Singapore’s anti-fake news law takes effect
- UOB opens Singapore lab to improve digital banking experience
- Tell Us Your Singapore Travel Tips