President Trump on Thursday said Ukraine should investigate Joe Biden and his son — and that he’d consider asking his Chinese counterpart to do so.
“I would say President (Volodymyr) Zelensky, if it was me, I would start an investigation into the Bidens,” Trump told reporters at the White House, referring to the Ukrainian leader.
Asked if he had requested President Xi of China to help investigate the Bidens, Trump replied: “I haven’t but clearly it’s something we should start thinking about.”
Trump also said a delegation from China would come to the United States next week for trade talks.
The president held his tough line on the trade war with the economic powerhouse, saying that if China doesn’t do what Washington wants, then the US has many other options.
Trump made his comments a day after he used profanity to lash out at Democrats investigating his call with the leader of Ukraine as part of an impeachment inquiry in the House.
“The Do Nothing Democrats should be focused on building up our Country, not wasting everyone’s time and energy on BULLSHIT, which is what they have been doing ever since I got overwhelmingly elected in 2016, 223-306,” Trump posted on Twitter. “Get a better candidate this time, you’ll need it!”
Trump has been railing against Democrats, especially Rep. Adam Schiff, chairman of the House Intelligence Committee, who has become the public face of the impeachment effort.
His committee last week released the whistleblower complaint that revealed Trump’s July 25 phone call with President Volodymyr Zelensky in which Trump asked him to investigate Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden and his son Hunter.
Trump has suggested Schiff be arrested for treason.
After speaking at the White House, the president departed to Florida, where he is expected to unveil an executive order aimed at strengthening the Medicare health program for seniors, seeking
The order, which the president will discuss during a visit to a retirement community in Florida known as the Villages, is his answer to some Democrats who are arguing for a broad and expensive expansion of Medicare to cover all Americans, proposals that Republicans reject.
- Steven Mosher: ‘The Swamp Is Going Crazy Over This Idea We’re in a Trade War With China’
- Report: Kim Jong-un Agrees to Meet Trump at ‘Peace Village’ in DMZ
- Giuliani's other big admission may be even worse for Trump
- Peter Schweizer: McConnell and Chao Must Address Their Financial Ties with ‘Rival Power’ China
- Giuliani says Trump doesn't have to comply with a Mueller subpoena and could invoke the Fifth Amendment
- Exclusive – Peter Schweizer: Mitch McConnell’s Deep Financial Ties to China ‘Unprecedented’ in U.S. History
- 2 clear winners emerged after Trump's rift with his own administration over Russia blew wide open
- Trump's 'astonishing reversal' on a Chinese tech giant could signal a big shift in the trade battle
- Mueller’s Questions for Trump Focus More on Obstruction than Russia ‘Collusion’
- Comey Conversation with Trump on Pee Dossier Provided CNN a ‘News Hook,’ Memo Reveals
- Trump bizarrely claims Mueller doesn’t plan to ask him about colluding with Russia
- Trump has decided to pull out of the Iran nuclear deal — here are the winners and losers
Trump publicly urges Ukraine to investigate Bidens, may ask China next have 527 words, post on nypost.com at October 3, 2019. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.