A Military Bank (MBBank) office. The bank shares jumped 3.1 per cent following its Q3 profit report. — Photo baodautu.vn HÀ NỘI — Vietnamese shares scored higher on Monday as investors were eased by positive statements from the US and China about their trade relations. The benchmark VN-Index on the Hồ Chí Minh Stock Exchange edged up 0.17 per cent to close at 993.57 points. It rose as much as 0.54 per cent during the day. The VN-Index gained total 0.43 per cent last week. Progress of the US-China trade talks helped keep investors’ sentiment positive in the first trading day of the week, Sài Gòn-Hà Nội Securities Co (SHS) said in its daily report. The US and China held a two-day discussion ending Friday (local time) in Washington and both sides came up with positive statements, showing their willingness to resolve the trade war. That helped shoot US stocks up strongly on Friday. But marketwatch agencies and analysts are not fully convinced a deal between the two sides will be reached. Several investment institutions were still cautious, making the VN-Index gain slower at the end of the day, SHS said. Bank stocks continued buffing the stock market on Monday. In… Read full this story
- U.S.-China trade truce expected to boost stock market
- Berkeley College Ranked for Sixth Consecutive Year on U.S. News & World Report List of Best Online Bachelor Programs for Veterans
- The First Black-Owned Day Trading Company of Its Kind is Teaching Courses on How to Profit From the Stock Market!
- Fraser Institute News Release: Making Alberta labour market more competitive would increase worker prosperity
- Citadel ranked No. 1 online MBA in SC by US News & World Report
- Report: NJ industrial market posts highest annual net absorption since 2001
- Clare Oaks earns top ratings from U.S. News & World Report and CMS
- Instagram Not Working, Issues With Log In and News Feed Reported
- Trine University's online programs recognized by U.S. News & World Report
- US-China trade truce may boost financial markets
Trade news, profit report boost VN markets up have 349 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at October 14, 2019. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.