|“Early Spring Dance” – a photo by Hang Ross displayed at For a Liveable Hanoi|
The exhibition “For a Liveable Hanoi” depicts the emotions, space, and life that make Hanoi worth living not only for Hanoians but also for immigrants and tourists. The exhibition shows Hanoi through images and stories of insider photographers who were born and are living in Hanoi.
|The exhibition attracted great attention from the people of the capital|
Photography content is grouped into three main collections. The first set of photographs depicts Hanoi’s majesty through its landscape, architecture, and public spaces, the second showcases the everyday life of the people of Hanoi, and the third illustrates the connections, understanding, equality, and tolerance among Hanoians, immigrants, and visitors.
|“Carefree” – photo by Hoang Anh Tuan|
|The majesty of Hanoi shown through the landscape|
Besides the photo collections, there is also an installation of the boxes which represent the shapes and structures of various urban spaces such as offices, shopping malls, cafés, cinemas, buses, or homes where we live.
These boxes provide a virtual space where everyday activities unfold. Looking into these boxes from the outside will fill us with doubt about what public space means for individuals. They open new dialogues on spatial transformation, giving us a deeper love for the city’s public spaces and helping us realise that Hanoi is more liveable with walking streets, water bodies, and squares that let people interact more and get closer to each other.
|A closer look into “The Box”|
The For a Liveable Hanoi photo exhibition is co-organised by the Hanoi 1991-1994 High School Alumni Photographers Community, the Embassy of Denmark, the social enterprise ECUE, and the People’s Participation Working Group.
- VNA, TASS hold photo exhibition on two-decade Vietnam-Russia strategic partnership
- VNA, TASS hold photo exhibition on two-decade Vietnam - Russia strategic partnership
- Touching picture of one of Prince Philip’s final moments joins Meghan and Harry’s last engagement in photo exhibition
- Photo exhibition on COVID-19 through eyes of disadvantaged children
- Princess Diana photo exhibition goes on display in US
- Wild pear flower season comes early on the streets of Hanoi
- Trivial jobs of Hanoi
- Hanoi students in suburban districts to come back to schools next week
- Hanoi to pour US$19.2-billion in housing development in 2021-2025 period
- First three battery electric bus lines to be launched in Hanoi in December
- Technology helps Hanoi’s historic relics embrace future
- Abstract painting exhibition ponders natural disaster
The stories to be told via the For a Liveable Hanoi photo exhibition have 401 words, post on www.vir.com.vn at October 15, 2019. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.