Many young Vietnamese have foregone the 9 to 5 routine and chosen to work in alternative types of employment. Despite holding a bachelor’s degree from the National University of Civil Engineering, Mr. Khanh Toan works as a driver for ride-hailing and food delivery app Grab. After struggling to secure employment in his chosen field, he sought out temporary work with Grab in order to pay the bills. A year on, he has no plans to look for a new job. Good income, flexible time, and a degree of freedom make driving an attractive proposition, and he’s far from alone in thinking so. Suitable job Though occasionally seeing employment opportunities in civil engineering, Mr. Toan is reluctant to move away from working as a motorbike-taxi driver. It’s quite an easy job, and anyone with a motorbike and smartphone can find work with ride-hailing apps such as Grab, Go-Viet, and Be. Payment is also made instantly, rather than waiting until the end of the month. “If I work hard, like 8-12 hours a day, I can earn VND800,000-1.2 million ($35-52),” the 24-year-old told VET. “That’s a monthly salary three or four times higher than the average of about VND7-8 million ($300-350).” Many… Read full this story
- Work four days, get paid for five: New Zealand company's new shorter week
- UN chief commends ILO at its 100th anniversary for helping build a new world
- Trump Foiled Soros' Master Plan to Impose New World Order - Hedge Fund Manager
- Russia’s 1989 plea for a new world order was rejected, and so Putinism was born
- Luke McLean to attempt to set new world record for largest mental health lesson
- Sandcastle in Germany sets new world record
- Miranda Lambert Is Grateful for 'Whole New World' in New York City After Marrying Brendan McLoughlin
- Work less, get more: New Zealand firm's four-day week an 'unmitigated success'
- If the world ran on sun, it wouldn’t fight over oil
- The secret world of Isis brides: 'U dnt hav 2 pay 4 ANYTHING if u r wife of a martyr'
The new world of work have 354 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at October 14, 2019. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.