Nation Tap water from Da River safe for drinking and cooking: official The Saigon Times Daily Tuesday, Oct 22, 2019,19:55 (GMT+7) Tap water from Da River safe for drinking and cooking: officialThe Saigon Times Daily An upstream spring that flows into the Da River is seriously polluted by used engine oil – PHOTO: THANH TRA NEWSPAPER HCMC – Tap water sourced from the Da River in the northern province of Hoa Binh is now safe for drinking and cooking, said an official from the Hanoi City government at a press briefing today, October 22. It has been two weeks since used engine oil was dumped into an upstream spring that flows into the river where Song Da Water Investment JSC, a subsidiary of Vinaconex Water Supply JSC (Viwasupco), pumps crude water for processing. The water contamination has disrupted the lives of more than 250,000 households in eight suburban and urban districts of the capital city. Chief of the Office of the Hanoi’s People Committee Vu Dang Dinh was quoted by the local press as saying that all 69 water samples, collected between October 16 and 21, had met the Ministry of Health’s safety criteria for levels of styrene, a carcinogenic substance. Dinh said that… Read full this story
- Residents in Limerick warned not to drink tap water
- 39 poisoned by tap water in Russian-controlled Makiyivka
- Spondon residents claim they can't stomach their 'smelly' tap water
- The law on whether food venues have to serve you tap water if you ask for it?
- How much water should I be drinking?
- This cafe is charging £1 for tap water
- Danes hospitalised after drinking too much tap water
- New EP plans to improve tap water quality and cut plastic litter
- New disaster in Russian occupation zone: 43 poisoned by tap water in Makiyivka
- Tap water good despite major flooding
Tap water from Da River safe for drinking and cooking: official have 310 words, post on english.thesaigontimes.vn at October 22, 2019. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.