Sam Johnson insists Scotland must be ready for a fight to the finish against Russia if they are to keep their World Cup quarter-final bid on track.Gregor Townsend’s men will realistically need to take a bonus point from the Bears in Shizuoka next Wednesday if they are to ensure they go into their final Pool A game with Japan four days later still in the hunt for the last eight. Lyn Jones’ team – ranked 20th in the world – have been well beaten in each of their three games so far but have battled bravely in just their second appearance on rugby’s biggest stage.Hosts Japan were forced to wait until 12 minutes from time to claim the bonus point as they kicked off the tournament two weeks ago, while Samoa and Ireland were also both deep into the second half before securing their fourth tries.And Johnson has warned it might take another late show for his side to claim the extras they need.Asked if the pressure levels had dropped any after the Scots beat Samoa to stave off the threat of a humiliating early exit, the Glasgow centre said: “Not really. “We know we can’t go out there and… Read full this story
- Clever king rat Boris Johnson is ready to wield his axe against Cabinet ministers, Supreme Court judges and the BBC
- Varadkar: Scotland-Northern Ireland bridge 'worth examining'
- Top architect insists Scotland - Northern Ireland bridge 'is feasible'
- New Year messages: Scotland 'centre of international attention'
- UK Foreign Secretary Johnson Visits Tomb of Unknown Soldier in Moscow
- The 'intolerable' cost of Scotland staging the G8 summit
- Sam Faiers wows in a Burberry bikini while son Paul rocks matching swim shorts as she reflects on relationships ahead of her 29th birthday
- Utah State battles Eastern Oregon
- Boris Johnson to meet Macron, Merkel as Brexit uncertainty looms
- UK Ready to Cooperate With Russia to Ensure Security of World Cup – UK Police
Sam Johnson: Scotland must be ready for a battle against Russia have 336 words, post on feeds.breakingnews.ie at October 5, 2019. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.