Russia’s former Foreign Minister Andrei Kozyrev has said that Russian President Vladimir Putin is certainly taking advantage of Donald Trump, arguing that the American president’s “naïveté is a little bit too much.””At best it’s naïveté, but after three years in power—the naïveté is a little bit too much,” Kozyrev, who served as Russia’s foreign minister from 1990 to 1996, said during an interview with CNN about Trump’s relationship with Putin and the White House’s foreign policy. “Sometimes people who are newcomers, they come to White House.… They entertain some kind of naïve ideas,” he said.But Kozyrev pointed out that the president now has all the research of the CIA and State Department at his disposal and should have better judgment. “After three years, that looks strange to me.”Asked whether Putin is “taking advantage” of Trump, the former Russian official responded, “Well, of course.” “That’s what he does. He wants to discredit America, and that’s his aim: to paint America like not a leader of the free world,” he said. Kozyrev argued that Putin wants to portray the U.S. “exactly like a commercial kind of small guy…looking for immediate profit.” He suggested that Trump’s actions toward Ukraine, which are at the… Read full this story
- Russia's foreign minister mocks intel on bounties to Taliban
- Russia’s foreign minister mocks intel on bounties to Taliban
- Special ASEAN-Russia Foreign Ministers’ Meeting on COVID-19 held
- EU Foreign Ministers Seek Measures to ‘Deter’ Israel From Expanding Its Sovereignty Over West Bank
- Twitter Facepalms as Trump Says EU Was Formed to 'Take Advantage' of US
- Pakistan Foreign Minister Qureshi recovers from COVID-19
- Islamabad willing to provide third consular access to Kulbhushan Jadhav, says Pakistan Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi
- An Angry Taapsee Pannu Blasts Kangana Ranaut For Taking Advantage Of Sushant Singh Rajput's Death!
- Foreign ministers of China, Russia oppose ‘US unilateralism’ in phone call: Report
- Foreign Minister can’t be in denial of foreign policy failures: Anand Sharma
Russia's Ex-Foreign Minister: 'Of Course' Putin Taking Advantage of Trump, 'The Naïveté Is a Little Bit Too Much' have 353 words, post on www.newsweek.com at October 24, 2019. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.