A man has died following a collision on the M1 on Friday, October 4
Police were called shortly after 7am following a report of a collision involving a car – a silver BMW X3 – and a lorry on the southbound carriageway, just after junction 20, for Lutterworth.
The driver of the car, a man, died at the scene.
The southbound carriageway of the motorway has been closed between junction 20 and junction 19, for Catthorpe.
Police say that a 51-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving. He remains in custody.
Detective Sergeant Paul Hawkins, from Leicestershire Police’s Serious Collision Investigation Unit (SCIU), said: “The road remains closed while officers carry out enquiries and I would ask motorists to use alternative routes at this time.
“While our investigation is in its early stages, I would like to ask anyone travelling on the M1 at around 7am today to come forward.
“If you have a dashcam installed in your vehicle – or you saw what happened – please contact police. I would also like to speak to anyone who saw either the lorry or the car travelling between junction 21 and junction 20 prior to the collision occurring.”
Call 101, quoting incident 91 of 4 October.
- Forest Hill Man Dies in Crash on Bel Air Bypass: Police
- Mumbai: Attacked for wearing headphones, 20-year-old man dies in Mulund; one arrested
- Man Dies after Bike Falls into Pothole; Rights Panel Registers Case
- Man charged over collision death
- Grandfather, 88, died after he was run over from behind on pavement by mobility scooter ridden by pensioner, 79, who had never driven a car in his life but claimed 'some knowledge' of Highway Code, inquest hears
- British best-selling author Lindsay de Feliz is found murdered and buried in woods near her Dominican Republic home as 'several people' including her husband are arrested
- Walnut Creek Man Fatally Crashes Into Parked Big-Rig: CHP
- Motorcyclist critically injured in collision at Christchurch intersection
- Man, 36, accused of stabbing to death Abdul Deghayes - whose two brothers were killed fighting Assad's regime in Syria - faces a retrial after jury fails to reach verdict on brutal murder 'in drug gang feud'
- 'You're going to die': Maduro's death squad interrogates an unarmed Venezuelan shopkeeper, 29, moments before they shoot him inside his home - contradicting the official police report that he died in an alleyway gun battle
- Australia's 23rd Prime Minister Bob Hawke dies peacefully at home aged 89 - leaving behind an immense contribution to public life that cemented his legacy as a legendary reformer
- Wisconsin man, 22, is convicted of killing three Girl Scouts and one of their mothers in hit-and-run crash while he was high on aerosol fumes
Man dies following collision on M1 near Lutterworth have 437 words, post on www.harboroughmail.co.uk at October 3, 2019. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.