KHC’s founder James Joseph Kendall at a clean-up event. The group will hold a similar event underneath Hanoi’s iconic Long Bien Bridge this weekend (Photo courtesy of KHC) Hanoi (VNA) – The environmental group Keep Hanoi Clean (KHC), in collaboration with a Delegation of the European Union to Vietnam, will hold a clean-up underneath Hanoi’s iconic Long Bien Bridge this weekend. As part of the EU Climate Diplomacy Week 2019, the event will be held from 8am to 11.30am, and from 2pm until 5.30pm on Saturday and Sunday (October 12 and 13). Volunteers over 16 years old are welcome to join the event. Following its “green” theme, the organisers have also encouraged participants ride their bikes to the venue with the offer of prizes for those who do. Participants will be offered a free vegan lunch. Registration can be found at https://forms.gle/jbunvSVnDFimRfNR9. For more information, contact KHC by emailing [email protected], or call James (English) 0949886880, Phuong (Vietnamese) 0936688727. KHC was founded in May 2016 by James Joseph Kendall — a long-term American resident of Hanoi who was concerned about the levels of trash in and around his neighbourhood. The ultimate goal of KHC is to help Hanoi become a “green gem city” for sustainable living, and then to… Read full this story
- It's time for a clean and tidy weekend comments thread!
- HTC One A9 to be unveiled at huge media events held next month in multiple U.S. cities?
- Comments for : HTC One A9 to be unveiled at huge media events held next month in multiple U.S. cities?
- The World's 30 Most Impressive Bridges
- China to Test Rocket Reusability With Long March 8 Booster
- Yosemite releases dramatic video footage from the weekend's flooding in the valley
- I-5 lane closures, major weekend events spell big trouble for motorists
- ‘Manhattanhenge’ arrives this weekend, here’s how to best capture it
- Tulsa Pop Culture Expo, XPO events will merge to create homegrown convention
- Compromise needed on Hays Street Bridge project
Long Bien Bridge clean-up event to be held this weekend have 341 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at October 10, 2019. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.